Guidelines and recommendations regarding coronavirus in Rovaniemi
This bulletin includes the recommendations and guidelines issued by the Lapland Hospital District and the City of Rovaniemi. The page has been updated on 22.12.2020.
Face mask recommendations
- Face masks should be used in public transport and in public places where it is impossible to maintain a safe distance to other people. This recommendation applies to shops, shopping centres, libraries, office buildings, theatres, museums and restaurants, among others.
The mask recommendation also applies to universities, upper secondary schools and vocational educational institutions. The strong recommendation applies to both staff and students. The mask recommendation for educational institutions is valid until 31.1.2021.
- The City of Rovaniemi provides free face masks to those with limited means. Students with limited means can obtain face masks from their educational institution. See distribution points in Rovaniemi.
- More information on the face mask recommendation
Travel & hobbies
- Travelling to areas where the coronavirus is in its acceleration and spreading phase should be avoided. The recommendation does not apply to business trips. The recommendation regarding traveling is valid until 31.1.2021.
- Tournaments and other events outside the health care district borders are not recommended to take place until 31.1.2021. This applies to sports event for individual and team sports for all ages indoors and outdoors. However, the policy does not apply to national team activities or competition events at the Finnish Championship and 1 division level.
- Local sports events can be arranged when the safety instructions for the coronavirus period are taken into account.
- It is recommended for children's leisure activities instructors to wear a mask. Parents following the practises have to keep safety distances.
- It is strongly recommended that young people spending time at youth centers wear a mask, take care of their hand hygiene and keep safety distances.
Organizing public events for more than 50 people is not allowed. The restriction is valid 7.12.2020–6.1.2021.
Corona testing of children